Very annoying error and I haven’t seen clear concise instructions for getting this to work. I will attempt to do that here.
- Open Administrative Tools > Component Services
- Navigate to DCOM Config and open the properties for MsDtsServer100
- Click on the Security tab
- Add the appropriate users/groups that you need and assign their permissions to BOTH “Launch and Activation Permissions” AND “Access Permisions” (Both of whom, select Customize then Edit)
- Click Ok to save changes and close those windows.
- Right click on Computer, select Manage.
- Navigate to System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Groups
- Double click on Distributed COM Users
- Add the users/groups you wanted to give permissions to.